Pin This!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Stain Remover

I have seen a recipe online for "the only stain remover you'll ever need."  In fact, I've seen it not once, but more than 20 times over the past year or so.  I looked at it multiple times, but never got around to making it.  Every time I would think, "oh, I'll remember that!  I'll make some later tonight!"  But then I would forget about it until coming across the recipe again a couple months later.  

Then came today.  Isak took a long enough nap for me to get some laundry done...and I'd remembered JR telling me that we were out of stain remover.  Not good when you're trying to get bright orange baby poop out of a light blue and white gingham blanket.  Off to make some stain remover!

This is one of the easiest things you'll ever make, I promise  (even easier than the super easy ricotta cheese that I told you about HERE).  It has two ingredients--three, if you count the bottle.  What are they?
Dawn (the original blue kind) and hydrogen peroxide.  That's it!

And you can make as much or as little as you'd like with this recipe--the format makes it super easy.

1 part Dawn
2 parts hydrogen peroxide

Shake gently until mixed in a bottle and there you go!  Treat your stain and wash as normal.  In the case of the blanket, I no more than poured a little of it on, and the stain disappeared!  (I say "poured" because it's currently in a squeeze bottle until I find another spray bottle around here) 
Yes, it's in my old witch hazel bottle...oh well.  It's actually a pretty good size, just no spray top on it!

Have fun and happy stain removing!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment